Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My every-other Wednesday morning ritual

So, every other Wednesday, at 9:15 a.m., I arrive at my friend's house for coffee and an update.

Today's topic?

The little boy (we'll call him Johnny) who no one wants to invite to their Birthday Party.

We have a dilema. We have this friend, who is a very nice person, but her son is a little bugger!

My son, A, has been coming home since the first day of kindergarten, complaining that this little boy is nasty; he hits, pulls hair, whines, cries, throws his sweater in the urinal (GROSS!!), and always has to be the leader.

I know Johnny's mom, who comes from a very respectful family. She is a very respectful person and is not one of those mother's that thinks her child can do no wrong. She's often said to me, "if you see Johnny doing something that he shouldn't, please tell me!" Really? Does she really want me to? I'm not so sure about that.

The mom is constantly trying to get Johnny to play with the "good" kids in the class but he seems to be attracted to the more agressive kids... the ruffians. Although, he looks kind of odd with the ruffians due to his LL Bean Bookbag, Khaki's and Polos.

If he was wearing a skull and cross bones t-shirt, I'd be telling my son to "stay away from THAT boy!" The Khaki's and Polo's really throw me for a loop.

So A comes home from school and says he's not playing with Johnny ever again 'cause he called him a DORK and he's not going to Science camp if that little Johnny is going too.

I get an email this afternoon from the Mom, inviting A to little Johnny's birthday party. I asked A if he wanted to go (assuming he'll say no, but at least I asked)...he says, "okay."

What?

Kids are so forgiving.

But really, do you think that little Johnny is going to be converted by playing with the "good" kids? I'm not so sure about that!

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=c0e84cb61234cbdc04ba8d44332a9b3b