Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tuesday Morning Coffee Rant!

Today's topic?

Lack of sleep and cleaning vomit.

For the past four weeks, 50% of the children in my son's elementary school (population 450) have been home, sick with the flu (okay, I may be exaggerating a little). In one day, there were five children missing from one grade one homeroom. It just keeps going around and around. Some children are even getting it twice!

I have never encountered such an experience in my life! I have three children ages 7, 4 and 2 and they were all struck within the same week. It lasted four days for each of them. My DH and I were up every night for hours on end, rubbing backs, changing bedding, wiping floors and holding heads. This week, I'm feeling the effects of the lack of sleep. Kinda makes me wonder why I decided to have more than one child... I guess you don't expect sickness to happen simultaneously... that only happens in the movies, doesn't it?

Reality Check... No!

Once we seemed to be "in the clear" I was able to disenfect my house, opened all of the windows, washed pillows, toys, etc., in hopes that this terrible virus does not visit our house twice!

Many of the other mothers that I know, discuss tales of the same sort of events when updating their status' on Facebook. I'm sure if you could see all of us right now, we'd be sitting in front of our computers, drinking coffee with dark circles under our eyes and extra wrinkles.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=c0e84cb61234cbdc04ba8d44332a9b3b